VP of Projects
Vice-President of Projects
Summary of Position
The Vice-President of Projects is responsible for supporting project and program-level external operations of the team. The VP will work with and mentor project directors to ensure proper analysis, planning, and implementation and measurement exists in all such operations. The VP is also responsible for macro-level assessment of operational processes and ensuring the team’s project development process is designed for achievement of maximum impact.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Measure, manage, and monitor the effectiveness of the team’s Project Development Process.
- Develop and maintain an effective system of proposal selection and development
- Work with the VP of Human Resources to support personnel needs in projects and programs.
- Assist in the development of training materials and experiences to support member competency and skill as related to team operations.
- Assess and improve the member experience from contact to active membership
- Work with other team leaders to develop and maintain a network of mentors, partners, and experts to support projects, programs, and categories.
- Identify operational challenges and growth areas for targeted development.
- Develop strategies to support the efforts of operations-based leaders in the team.
- Mentor operations-based leaders in the team.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure sustainability of external operations, including dealing with high member turnover.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading and working in teams
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must work well under time constraints
- Strategic planning and process-development experience
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and critical thinking
- Strong ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to the Enactus Team and its values
All applicants must meet minimum qualifications for a student leadership position at La Sierra University in accordance with the student handbook. This includes a strict adherence to the drug and alcohol policy of the university and a demonstrated record of good citizenship. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also required (3.5 recommended).
The La Sierra University Enactus Team is one of over 1,500 teams in nearly forty countries using entrepreneurial action to improve livelihoods. Our team operates as a catalyst for sustainable development, ensuring that its transformative work can grow and continue in the future even without further Enactus involvement.
Enactus members from across the university work together, applying all that they learn in the classroom, and design projects to address some of the most difficult problems facing our world today. From transforming a shuttle bus into a mobile grocery store, to economic development in India, to teaching innovation and product development to young students, we put our own education and passion to work with a mission to create value, make a difference, and prove the possible.
Being a student is about more than paying tuition or enrolling in a course. To be a student is to prove the possible, to go out into the world as a catalyst for transformation. And when you see what just a few La Sierra University students can do, imagine what is possible for students all over the world!