VP of Marketing
Vice-President of Marketing
Summary of Position
The Vice-President of Marketing manages the strategic direction, branding, messaging, and related planning of the products, services, and experiences created by the Enactus Team. They facilitate alignment between the team’s mission and brand and the team’s operations. Working closely with the VP of Communication and other team leaders, the VP of Marketing will manage the design and enhancement of the team’s image on-campus, in the community, and through the team’s project-based initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish the team’s presence and enhance its image on the La Sierra University campus.
- Create content design and strategies for distribution by the Communication team.
- Work with the VP of Communication to identify and monitor tools and platforms for distribution of content on the La Sierra University Campus and external community.
- Develop and manage a team of creative designers and developers.
- Support team directors and leaders in strategic planning of projects to ensure alignment with the team’s mission and values.
- Develop strategies to support the efforts of operations-based leaders in the team.
- Assist in the development of competitive strategies and content for the team’s involvement in Enactus Regional, National, and World Cup expositions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading and working in teams
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must work well under time constraints
- Working knowledge of design and/or publications software is a plus (Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but will train).
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and critical thinking ability
- Ability to lead change management initiatives
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical ability
All applicants must meet minimum qualifications for a student leadership position at La Sierra University in accordance with the student handbook. This includes a strict adherence to the drug and alcohol policy of the university and a demonstrated record of good citizenship. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also required (3.5 recommended).
The La Sierra University Enactus Team is one of over 1,500 teams in nearly forty countries using entrepreneurial action to improve livelihoods. Our team operates as a catalyst for sustainable development, ensuring that its transformative work can grow and continue in the future even without further Enactus involvement.
Enactus members from across the university work together, applying all that they learn in the classroom, and design projects to address some of the most difficult problems facing our world today. From transforming a shuttle bus into a mobile grocery store, to economic development in India, to teaching innovation and product development to young students, we put our own education and passion to work with a mission to create value, make a difference, and prove the possible.
Being a student is about more than paying tuition or enrolling in a course. To be a student is to prove the possible, to go out into the world as a catalyst for transformation. And when you see what just a few La Sierra University students can do, imagine what is possible for students all over the world!