VP of Human Resources
Vice-President of Human Resources
Summary of Position
The Vice-President of Human Resources is responsible for managing and directing initiatives associated with the recruitment, selection, training, development, and overall experience of Enactus team members. This will include management of the team’s training program, increasing member preparedness for career opportunities, and other initiatives to support the personal, academic, professional, and spiritual growth of our Enactus members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and develop experiences for the team’s leadership training program
- Design learning experiences for members in targeted skill areas
- Develop and manage a network of mentors and experts to benefit member growth and development
- Work with other team leaders to implement an effective and ongoing recruiting campaign.
- Assess and improve the member experience from initial contact to active membership
- Develop strategies to build a team culture well-aligned with student leadership requirements listed in the La Sierra University Student Handbook and Enactus Handbook.
- Assist the VP of Communication in the development and implementation of strategies to build a culture of communication and respect among members.
- Develop strategies to support the personal, academic, professional, and spiritual growth of all members.
- Interview new applicants and meet with current members to create individual growth plans for their Enactus experience.
- Manage member profiles and documentation, including activity reports.
- Design and implement an assessment and feedback process including mid-term evaluations of team leaders.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading and working in teams
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Must be comfortable in individually meeting with and mentoring other students.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must work well under time constraints
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and critical thinking ability
- Ability to create, assess, and improve experiences for a target audience.
All applicants must meet minimum qualifications for a student leadership position at La Sierra University in accordance with the student handbook. This includes a strict adherence to the drug and alcohol policy of the university and a demonstrated record of good citizenship. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also required (3.5 recommended).
The La Sierra University Enactus Team is one of over 1,500 teams in nearly forty countries using entrepreneurial action to improve livelihoods. Our team operates as a catalyst for sustainable development, ensuring that its transformative work can grow and continue in the future even without further Enactus involvement.
Enactus members from across the university work together, applying all that they learn in the classroom, and design projects to address some of the most difficult problems facing our world today. From transforming a shuttle bus into a mobile grocery store, to economic development in India, to teaching innovation and product development to young students, we put our own education and passion to work with a mission to create value, make a difference, and prove the possible.
Being a student is about more than paying tuition or enrolling in a course. To be a student is to prove the possible, to go out into the world as a catalyst for transformation. And when you see what just a few La Sierra University students can do, imagine what is possible for students all over the world!