VP of Finance
Vice-President of Finance
Summary of Position
The Vice-President of Finance is responsible for the planning and management of financial resources needed for all team operations. The VP will work with other leaders in the team to ensure financial planning and sustainability is integrated into all strategic planning and development associated with such operations. This includes oversight of fundraising, advancement, and donor relations as well as grant management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with President and Sam Walton Fellows to manage and monitor the team’s general budget in compliance with team and university guidelines.
- Ensure proper budgeting and financial planning is integrated into the project development process.
- Support team directors and leaders in strategic planning
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase the team’s capacity to obtain grant funds and private donations. Assist in managing relationships associated with such initiatives.
- Monitor regular Enactus budget reports through the University Accounting Office, and maintain financial files and records.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure long-term operations obtain sustainable funding sources.
- Provide monthly financial reports including analysis on team capacity and needs for strategic growth.
- Develop strategies to support the efforts of operations-based leaders in the team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading and working in teams
- Strong writing communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must work well under time constraints
- Strategic planning and process-development experience
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and critical thinking
- Demonstrated performance in accounting or finance-related courses, and/or experience in managing finances in a business setting.
All applicants must meet minimum qualifications for a student leadership position at La Sierra University in accordance with the student handbook. This includes a strict adherence to the drug and alcohol policy of the university and a demonstrated record of good citizenship. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also required (3.5 recommended).
The La Sierra University Enactus Team is one of over 1,500 teams in nearly forty countries using entrepreneurial action to improve livelihoods. Our team operates as a catalyst for sustainable development, ensuring that its transformative work can grow and continue in the future even without further Enactus involvement.
Enactus members from across the university work together, applying all that they learn in the classroom, and design projects to address some of the most difficult problems facing our world today. From transforming a shuttle bus into a mobile grocery store, to economic development in India, to teaching innovation and product development to young students, we put our own education and passion to work with a mission to create value, make a difference, and prove the possible.
Being a student is about more than paying tuition or enrolling in a course. To be a student is to prove the possible, to go out into the world as a catalyst for transformation. And when you see what just a few La Sierra University students can do, imagine what is possible for students all over the world!