VP of Communication
Vice-President of Communication
Summary of Position
The Vice-President of Communications is responsible for managing and distributing the Enactus team’s internal and external communications. The VP will supervise public relations, create communication strategies in collaboration with the VP of Marketing, and may serve as a key spokesperson and media contact for the organization. The VP will also be responsible for the management and use of communication tools and platforms including OrgSync, PracticeEnactus.com (wordpress site and blog) Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and follow design and content guidelines provided by the La Sierra University Department of Integrated Marketing, the VP of Marketing, and Enactus United States
- Design and distribute content to promote the team and its operations utilizing various types of media
- Develop and manage a communication team
- Manage the team’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and other networks
- Manage the team blog/website utilizing the WordPress platform
- Develop and implement strategies to increase and maximize internal communication in the team
- Assist the VP of Human Resources in the development and implementation of strategies to increase team membership and retention
- Develop and manage a program for public speaking and presentation opportunities in the community (including the Enactus Competition presentation and annual report)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading and working in teams
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must work well under time constraints
- Must possess working knowledge of design and/or publications software (Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but will train).
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and critical thinking ability
All applicants must meet minimum qualifications for a student leadership position at La Sierra University in accordance with the student handbook. This includes a strict adherence to the drug and alcohol policy of the university and a demonstrated record of good citizenship. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also required (3.5 recommended).
The La Sierra University Enactus Team is one of over 1,500 teams in nearly forty countries using entrepreneurial action to improve livelihoods. Our team operates as a catalyst for sustainable development, ensuring that its transformative work can grow and continue in the future even without further Enactus involvement.
Enactus members from across the university work together, applying all that they learn in the classroom, and design projects to address some of the most difficult problems facing our world today. From transforming a shuttle bus into a mobile grocery store, to economic development in India, to teaching innovation and product development to young students, we put our own education and passion to work with a mission to create value, make a difference, and prove the possible.
Being a student is about more than paying tuition or enrolling in a course. To be a student is to prove the possible, to go out into the world as a catalyst for transformation. And when you see what just a few La Sierra University students can do, imagine what is possible for students all over the world!